Rules & Regulations
AT SMITH LAKE FARM
RESERVATIONS AND OCCUPANCY
Payments for booking are made on our website www.smithlakefarm.com.
Payments are due in full at time of booking.
Glamping sites are for 4 Adults Max (Except for our Prospector site which has a maximum occupancy of 3 3) and families of up 5 (Prospector 3). The tiny house is for 2 adults max.
Additional adults will be $25 per night when pre-approved. Please contact us directly for approval prior to booking.
We have a strict no-pets policy at the Glamping Sites.
Pets are permitted at the Tiny House. All pets must be on leash at all times while on the Property.
If you would like a tour of the apiary, barn or property, please let us know. All guests must be accompanied by one of our staff in order to ensure the safety of our guests, livestock and bees.
Cancellation Policy, Rules & Regulations
No refunds will be given if you cancel less than 30 days prior to your arrival date[JB1] . A full refund will be provided if we receive your cancellation request in writing more than 30 days prior to your arrival date. Please thoroughly read each listing and reach out to us before booking if you have any questions.
Rules and Regulations:
1) Disorderly conduct will not be tolerated at any time. We reserve the right to evict persons not behaving appropriately. EG: Disrespect to property, people, wildlife etc.
2) All guests are subject to the rules and regulations of the BC HOTEL KEEPERS Act - [JB2] including eviction for unruly or undesirable persons on the property.
3) Quiet time is 10 PM - 7AM, please be respectful of our neighbours, guests and owners and enjoy the tranquil surroundings. No amplified music.
4) No parties or outside guests allowed in glamping area without prior permission from host
5) There is always a threat of wildlife on the Property. Food and all other attractants (items with a smell like perfumes, shampoos, body creams, etc.) must be kept locked and away at night in the designated bins and while you are away from your site. No food is permitted at any time in the glamping tents.
6)Garbage and recycling must be collected and put in appropriate bins as bear and other wildlife roam our property.
7) Each tent comes with one full propane tank for your kitchen stove, an additional tank may be rented for your fire it.
8) Absolutely no wood fires allowed on the property or beach.
9) Drive with caution at 5km/hr and please respect other guests, wildlife, and livestock by going slow.
10) No pets in the Glamping Sites
11) Children must at all times be accompanied by adults while on the property.
12) Use of the sauna is not included as part of the Glamping Fee. If you wish to book a sauna experience for your stay please use the link here: https://www.smithlakefarm.com/sauna
Security Deposit and Fees:
In order to keep our property safe and create an enjoyable experience for all of our guests we take our rules and guest code of conduct seriously. We reserve the right to add the following fees to your invoice if you violate any of our rules, and by booking with us, you expressly authorize us to charge same to your credit card on file during the course of your stay:
Garbage not deposited in designated bins:
Excess noise after 10PM
- Cost of an additional night stay
Pets in glamping sites:
Damage to property or tent:
- Cost of repair or full replacement value, the amount to be in our sole discretion
Smoking/vaping in/around tents:
Be aware Smith Lake Farm is a working farm and there are inherent risks, including but not limited to, adverse weather, uneven ground, equipment, cliffs, fences, livestock. It is our guest’s responsibility to act in a safe and prudent manner and obey all rules and regulations. Visitors to Farm do so at their own risk and Smith Lake Farm and it’s owners, lessee’s, contractors or employee’s are not responsible for any injuries, death, damage or theft to property.
Non-compliance of the rules and regulations listed above will result in eviction. Please see Hotel Keepers Act of British Columbia.
There are no refunds or credit issued for inclement weather, no show’s, or violation of rules and regulations.
All guests visiting the property will be required to sign our form of Release, Liability and Waiver, a copy of which can be reviewed on site.
We welcome your questions or comments about our Rules & Regulations
Smith Lake Farm
1481 Larkin Road
Merville, BC V9J 1G2